Dear Readers, here is a cross section of recent articles that we think have relevance to you and the emerging UAV marketplace. Please tell us about things that matter to you.
Applications for Drones
- Use Of Drone By Lifeguards At Local Beach Reveals Chilling Look At Sharks Near Shoreline
- Are drones really on the verge of delivering packages to your doorstep?
- Amazon says 30 Minute Drone Delivery Service will be Ready when FAA Regulations Change
- There’s a new ‘Silicon Valley of drones’ and it isn’t in California
- Nigeria to Deploy UAS for Surveillance of Oil Installations
- EU to use Drones against Migrant Smugglers
- When Poachers Go To Kill An Elephant, These AI-Powered Drones Are Already There To Help Stop Them
- Drones help farmers minimize water, fertilizer use
- Chris Anderson at 3D Robotics interviewed on CBS News
- Dutch Government successfully uses Aerialtronics drones to control traffic –
- Justice is Served: Idiot Fined $850 For Shooting Down Drone
- Drones: Four Ways Insurance Might Benefit
- FAA considers beyond-line-of-sight drone initiatives: sources
- Senators Unveil Temporary Drone Laws, May Bode Well For Amazon, Google
- South Africa Introduces Regulations
- Dronelaw US launches web portal for legal news
- FAA Streamlines COAs for UAS Test Sites
- South Africa:- 18 Myths About the New Regulations for Drones
- AOPA:- Drones: Where do we go from here? – 566 exemptions approved thru June, 2015 – Forecasting 18-24 months before final approval of regulations for commercial use.
- Amazon insists federal rules apply to U.S. deliveries by drone – We should have one set of rules rather than individual jurisdictions.
- FAA expects to clear U.S. commercial drones within a year
- Amazon Says States Should Not Undermine FAA Rules – AND WE AGREE 100%
- Feinstein Bill on Collision Avoidance Software
- Auburn University Launches First FAA-Approved UAS Flight School
- New UAV Regulations Will Harm South Africa
- America now has over 700 333 exemptions.
- Airspace and Legal Rights in the Age of Drones
- Europe’s 1st Symposium for Integration and Security of drones
- DJI Raises $75 Million From Accel Partners – 5/6/15
- Can 3D Robotics put a dent in China’s consumer drone dominance?
- A lineup of drones you can actually afford – Still, the toy drones generated $28.6 million euros ($31 million) in the first quarter, 83% of Parrot’s drone revenues. Commercial drones accounted for 17% of the company’s drone related revenues.
Want to stay up to date on our latest findings? Sign up for our newsletter!